Friday, July 14, 2006

The Five Precious Crystals - - - - - cont.....d

Ref:- "The Five Precious Crystals!"

The crystals are all down..., and yes.., what the father said was true.., without those crystals one is never going to succeed in life.

And the boy was right too..., because just one of those crystals remained after the experiment..,

I may have forsaken the success that I could have attained in my life.., but I have gained the true happiness that arises from knowing the truth.., and to me the four shattered crystals are nowhere near the worth of the one that I have in my hand now.

I am happy that I let go of all the crystals.., so that I could pick out the only one that is true. Success in terms of material wealth is not what I was after.., and I don't define success in terms of material wealth either. The comment by Jesus on a rich man entering the heavens being difficult than a camel passing through a needle hole is amazingly true..., and the contradiction is a difficult one to compare and contrast.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The love of money is the root of all evil.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.


These words have always meant something to me. :) But won't you continue to write? Even if it is a silent experience, I want to hear about it..

joji said...

I would definitely..., because the moment I become hardened to a set of principles abstract or uncomplicated.., I lose out on the spirit.., the spirit that longs for the truth.., as I would impose a set of virtual realities as the reality and shackle myself to them.

The truth in spirit never changes, but in perception keeps changing because we keep on discovering more about ourselves all the time.

mithun said...

I do not agrre with you on this at all. Jesus did not point towards material wealth, he only mentioned the wealthy and the rich. You might ask what is the difference. Isn't there a difference between the wealthy and the creator of wealth????? Do you really have to own everything you create?????

joji said...

I think you have not understood what I meant..., it is a lot deeper..., than what you are alluding to..., think or perhaps ponder or maybe meditate.., rather experiencing might be the best way to understand what it means.

mithun said...

Yes. May be I should wait. I'm not conceited enough to assert an interpretation without being open. But , I think as you said in your earlier blog, reality is what you percieve.

joji said...

If you see a glass filled with water upto half it's height..., Would you say it is half empty or half full???

It is your perception.., it is reality..., and whichever be the way you look at it.., it won't change..., but we can always argue over whether it was half empty or half full.